Friday 7 February 2014

What You Can Do to Keep Yourself Occupied During the Final Days of Pregnancy

During the final trimester, most of your thoughts will revolve around your baby, and you will actually be anticipating your child birth. Personally, I had taken leave during the final days of my pregnancy as I couldn't travel to my office at that time. Also, I was at my mother's place after Seemantham. So I had quite some time to while away. But I couldn't sit in front of the computer for long hours, nor could I do any other physical work. But I made it a point to sweep the floor clean during my final days of pregnancy, and yes, I did! It really help me to relax my pelvic muscles and make it more flexible. (I should've done it on a regular basis, but at least I did it at the end, LOL!).
We would have seen in olden day movies and photos, pictures of expecting mothers sitting with a ball of wool and knitting a sweater and a pair of socks for the to-be-born baby. However, I don't know to knit and I neither had the patience to learn it. So, to keep myself occupied, I started doing "reverse glass painting" of the portraits of Ganesha and Vithobha Krishna. I did it meticulously to make sure that I completed it before my delivery. I started count down for my delivery and was counting the number of days and scheduled my painting accordingly. It was a wonderful experience for me, as the finishing of the painting (and then framing of the portrait) and the date of my delivery coincided!!!
If you are working till the date of your delivery, well and good. But for those who had taken off from work or those who are house wives, my advice would be to keep yourself occupied, so that unwanted thoughts don't roam your minds, which could cause depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment